Saturday 21 February 2009

The Serpent Christ

"I, John, asked, 'Lord, did not the serpent teach them to eat?'
The savior smiled and said, 'It was I who caused them to eat.'"
(The Apocryphon of John, NHL)

~ 
The Serpent Christ
~
The
Serpent that I once in terror fled,
with my consent now reared its mighty
head.
And in
fulfilment of its long desire,
devoured me up into it
Self entire.
~
Then for its own tail the mythic
beast did yearn,
and consumed it
Self to disappear in turn.
In
formlessness the spiralled Serpent shines;
the
Son in SpAce has dawned upon my mind.
~
And once inside the secret
chamber bright,
where two are
One, and tail and head unite,
sealed and cooled its fiery
breath distils.
With 
Wine of Christ the Holy Cup is filled.
*

 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

dear james,
i appriciated your them and the persenation,with a new view keep it up.
preetha

Anonymous said...

hello... hapi blogging... have a nice day! just visiting here....