Sunday 22 February 2009

Bridal Chamber

My Self portrait.
~
Holy, holy, holy,
Baptism, Eucharist, and Matrimony.
~
And there before me was the sun-like Son.
He wore a crown of light
and sent down a river of fire!
Holy, holy, holy, Christ is come to Baptize:
I enter the stream; my life is washed clean;
he has lifted me up into his Presence, redeemed.
~
The reverse-flowing Jordan rises up to the Sky;
my world is laid waste; my ego denied.
It flows into the mouth of the shining-like Son;
holy, holy, holy, a Eucharist now comes!
He hungers for me, to make me his feast;
swallows me whole; my life to complete.
~
High inside his Church up in Heaven above
a marriage will wed us forever in love.
I enter the chamber, where two are One only;
holy, holy, holy, the mystery of inner Matrimony.
In his fusion of light, the Priest of the Son
has joined us together. Thy will is now done.
~
Through three sacramental rites
I offer up my separate life.
A burnt meal of my ego sacrificed
delivers my Spirit unto Thee realized.
A priestly pronouncement has dispelled my con-fusion,
holy, holy, holy, "Let there be Union."
*

Jesus as a serpent-god from bas-relief in Egypt.
This drawing was made by a member of Napoleon's army in 1798, one hundred years before the same face appeared to the world`for the first time ever' on the photograph of the Shroud of Turin.

2 comments:

surabi said...

nice blog. thank you

sjacrane said...

Is there any proof that the face of Jesus on the Shroud came from this drawing by one of Napolean's soldiers? I'd be interested.