Monday 19 January 2009

Beyond Good and Evil: the Criminal Jesus as Anti-Christ.


It is a difficult and negative ex-perience to know of mySelf as the original source of all evil. Pan, the keeper at the gates of dawn, and spirit of "the all", is the Anti-Christ, the pandemical destroyer, Shiva; but also the panacea of divine poison, Mercury. Scape-goating must end at the apocalyptic "end time" if I am to transcend earthly polarity and dualistic limitation. The schizophrenic mindset of good and evil must somehow be reconciled within me. In order to experience an amoral perspective, i.e. beyond morality and immorality, and therefore an asexual and apolitical one, I must understand the sayings: "Judge not and ye shall not be judged;" "Give to Caesar what is Caesar's;" and, "When you make male and female into a single one, then you will enter the kingdom." (Gospel of Thomas, 22).
~
Symbolically, (not physically) I am the murderer, the Shivic destroyer of worlds. I am the divine harlot, inviting consummation. I am the Christic "thief" (2Peter 3:10) who comes in the night. I am the bringer of war, for, "I did not come to bring peace, but a sword" (Matt 10:34). I am the pyromaniac who has "come to bring fire on the earth" (Luke 12:49). I am the alcoholic who desires the elixir of "new wine." Behind every crime or seeming sin lies the criminal Jesus, the Anti-Christ, in a dysfunctional, egoic personification.
~
And so, there are hidden secrets in mythical taboos. The incestuous Oedipus Christus, returns to his mother's womb, to be born again, renewed. He also killed his earthly father, the false ruler-king. In his book, Garden of the Golden Flower, Longfield Beatty, says: "The crimes of such maniacs as Gilles de Rais, who tortured and murdered some hundreds of children, derive, whether we like it or not, from the same immaculate abstraction which hanged Odin upon the tree and nailed Jesus to the Cross."
~
Original innocence and sin are somehow catastrophically forgiven, cancelling each other out of time. A few lines from the Gnostic poem, Thunder Perfect Mind, to finish:
"I am the first and the last.
I am honored and scorned.
I am the whore and holy.
I am the wife and the virgin.
I am wife and groom.
I am silence incomprehensible.
I am shame and fearlessness.
I am war and peace.
I am the disgraced and the grand being.
I am called life and you have called me death.
I am alien and citizen.
I am union and dissolution.
I am sinless, and the root of sin comes from me.
I am lust outwardly, yet within me is control.
I alone exist and have no one to judge me."
*
Alchemical Hermaphrodite, and
wedding of opposites.
*

No comments: